Critical-analytical thinking techniques – Rational analysis
Is this step the logical consequence of the previous one?
Structuring thinking techniques deal with a complex thinking situation one step at a time.Charles Kepner and Benjamin Tregoe laid the foundations for systematic Relational Analysis as far back as the fifties.They discovered that successful decision making had less to do with a person’s position in the organization than with the logical processes of collection, organization, and analysis of information before taking action.
Rational Analysis thinking processes include:
- Situation Appraisal (what is going on?)
- Problem Analysis (how could this happen?)
- Decision Analysis (what must we do about it?)
- Possible Problem & Opportunity Analysis (what could happen?)
- Analytical Trouble Shooting
- Reliability & Maintenance Engineering
- Managing Human Performance
- Project Management